1994 - Master's Degree in Chemistry from the University of Milan
1997 - Specialization School in Polymer Science at the Polytechnic of Milan
From 1998 to 2001 - Research fellow at ISMAC-CNR
Since 2001 Researcher at ISMAC-CNR (now SCITEC –CNR)
The main research activities include the synthesis of:
i) polymers and copolymers from linear and cyclic olefins using homogeneous Ziegler - Natta catalysts. ii) block copolymers by anionic polymerization. iii) in situ polymerization of nanotubes or graphene and cyclic olefins and alpha olefins. iv) polymers from vegetable oils and terpenes (R- and S-limonene, limonene oxide). v) polymers with a high sulfur content. vi) polymers from CO2 and epoxides. vii) study of the microstructure of polymers by nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) and study of the polymerization mechanism.
1) Novel products for Construction and Automotive industries based on bio materials and natural Fibers (ReInvent). - European Horizon 2020 project. BBI Joint Industries. CNR Coordinator. 2017-2022
2) "waterborNE PolyureThanes from sUstaiNable fEedstocks (NEPTUNE)" provided by the Cariplo Foundation in the context of scientific and technological research on advanced materials ". Participant. 2017-2020.
3) "Synthesis and characterization of sulfur-rich polymers with elastomeric behavior". ENI contract. Coordinator. 2016-2020
4) "Enhancement of CO2 for co-ter-polymers". ENI contract. Coordinator. 2016-2020
1) "Advanced POLymers from CO2 and Limonene Oxide as sustainable feedstock (APOLLO)" provided by the Cariplo Foundation under the theme "Integrated Research on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioeconomy. Coordinator. 2017-2019
2) "Sustainable chemical products and processes for the Lombard industry" (SUSCHEMLombardia)CNR-Lombardy Region Framework Agreement. Coordinator. 2013-2015
3) "Synthesis and characterization of polymers from monomeric units derived from oils or cellulose" VELICA Notice from the Lombardy Region. Participant. 2011-2013
Homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis, Synthesis of building block from renewable sources. Synthesis of polymers from fossil and renewable sources, study of the correlation (micro) structure-properties.
Catalysis and Polymer Synthesis, Study of the correlation (micro)structure and properties.
Green Polymers Lab