- Design and use of metal.containing mesoporous silicate materials in the sustainable oxidation of derivatives obtained from vegetable and renewable raw materials.
- Design and synthesis of nanostructured solids for the abatement, decontamination and detection of highly toxic compounds and chemical / biological warfare agents.
- Preparation of nanostructured heterogeneous catalysts for the chemo-, regio- and stereo-selective transformation of fine chemicals.
- Design and study of nanostructured composite materials for control and defence against pests of fruit trees and crops (Olea sativa, Ficus carica)
- Scientific dissemination, awareness-raising and technical training activities on prevention, mitigation and protection against chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear risks, since 2000
Permanent researcher at CNR in Milan since 2001. Degree in Chemistry at the University of Milan in 1997; PhD in Industrial Chemistry in 2000. Visiting researcher in France (2004), Russia (2005), Spain (2010) and the Netherlands (2012). Author of 112 papers and >200 congress communications. Key Expert for the EU CBRN Risk Mitigation CoE since 2010. Member of the Academy of Sciences of the Bologna Institute; Officer in the ACISMOM Military Corps-Auxiliary of the Italian Army. Awarded IX National Federchimica Prize 2nd section, 1996; Italian Chemical Society “Chiusoli” Medal 2014, as young investigator in catalysis and “Marotta” Medal 2017, for dissemination in chemical sciences.
- CBRN CoE P65, “Strengthening chemical and biological waste management in Central Asia countries for improved security and safety risk mitigation” - CABICHEM, Contract IFS/2017/388-397, funded by the European Commission – CNR Partner Unit Coordinator - Work Package 4; 27/12/2017-26/12/2020
- Italian Ministry for Agricultural, Food, Forestry Policies, MIPAAF, “Defence from Noxious Organisms in Conventional and Intensive Oliviculture” – DIOL, prot. no. 23774 – CNR Partner Unit Coordinator; 01/10/2017 – 30/09/2020
- NATO Science for Peace and Security, “Nanostructured Materials for the Catalytic Abatement of Chemical Warfare Agents” NanoContraChem, SPS.NUKR.SFP.984481 – Main Coordinator; 2013-2016.
- Bilateral Project, CNR, Italy - Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, India. “Development of catalytic renewable processes by converting Indian origin non-edible oil to valuable chemicals”, prot. no. 16063 – Italian Coordinator - 2016-2018.
- EU FP7 “A common European approach to the regulatory testing of Manufactured Nanomaterials” - NANoREG; Theme-NMP.2012.1.3-3; Grant Agreement no. 310584; - Main Coordinator Dr. T. van Teunenbroek - Deliverable Responsible – 2013-2017.
- Regione Lombardia – Framework Agreement “Regione Lombardia - CNR 2012” (n.173/2013). “SusChemLombardia”, - main coordinator dr. M.N. Ravasio – Participant; 2013–2015
Heterogeneous catalysis; sustainable oxidation; nanostructured oxides; chemical warfare agents degradation; vegetable raw materials; green chemistry
Synthesis of heterogeneous catalysts; oxide materials preparation; testing of catalytic performance; gas-chromatographic analysis; chemical-biological-radiological-nuclear risk assessment.