Functional materials for a safe, secure and clean environment
Solids can be designed and carefully modified to cope with the most ambitious challenges of our times. Innovative functional materials, obtained through the most advanced techniques of chemical synthesis, surface functionalization, computational design and materials sciences, find multifaceted applications in active depollution and detoxification devices for an environment free from hazardous chemicals, in decontamination systems for the safe removal of radioactive contaminants or in novel agrochemical formulations for environmentally-friendly farming.
#decontamination; #de-pollution; #chemical risk reduction; #detoxification; #sustainable agriculture
- Design, synthesis and developement of materials
- Surface functionalisation
- Heterogeneous and enzymatic catalysis
- Test under real conditions
- Pollutant and decomposition products analysis